FAIRBORN, OH – The Southern Ohio PGA, through the PGA REACH Southern Ohio Foundation, is proud to announce a new Junior Golf scholarship program beginning in 2022. The program will award two scholarships annually to a deserving boy and girl who have participated in Southern Ohio PGA Junior Golf programs.
“The launch of our Junior Golf Scholarship program has been a couple years in the making and aligns so well with our recent Long Term Strategic Plan,” noted Southern Ohio PGA President, Pat Bernot, PGA. “As part of that plan, we wanted to make a significant impact in our local communities and we feel this is the first of many steps towards doing just that.”
Each scholarship will award $4,000, given annually over four years in $1,000 increments, to local junior golfers to assist with their college education. Recipients will be required to submit additional paperwork annually including a copy of the student’s transcript and proof of volunteer time to the golf industry.
“We’re excited to be able to give back to the community that supports our PGA Professionals as well as the game of golf,” Bernot noted. “We hope to build on this scholarship program for many years to come.”
Scholarships like this are made possible through the generous support of the Southern Ohio golf community through events like the Play Yellow Birdie Bash and the PGA REACH Southern Ohio Pro Am and through support from our partners like Saling Simms Associates and the Memorial Tournament.
Southern Ohio Junior Golf Scholarship Timeline:
- Application opens – March 4, 2022
- Application deadline – May 2, 2022
- PGA REACH Southern Ohio Foundation Staff reviews applications – May 4, 2022
- Scholarship Finalists are notified for formal interview – May 10, 2022
- Scholarship Finalist formal interviews take place – May 13, 2022
- Selection Committee meets to select Recipients – May 17, 2022
- Scholarship Recipients Announced – May 24, 2022